Dealing with the aftermath of a major storm tends to be overwhelming. But once you have every task laid out, you’ll find the process of storm damage restoration becoming easier and less stressful. All you need to do is remember your ABCs. STARR Roofing & Gutters, the trusted residential and commercial roofing specialist, explains more.
A – Assess the Roof Storm Damage
Given how your roof is one of your biggest investments, you’ll want to make sure it has remained intact following a storm. But you should make safety your first priority. Before performing a visual inspection of your roof system, make sure to:
- Wait until the storm has completely passed before assessing the damage to your roof.
- Avoid climbing up the roof. Most likely, its surface will still be wet and slippery. Plus, the storm may have left the roof structure unstable.
- Use binoculars to survey the damage. Do so from the ground or another safe vantage point.
- Watch out for any downed lines and sharp debris littering your property.
- Take photos of the roof storm damage – this will be handy later on when you need to file an insurance claim.
B – Begin Temporary Fixes
Severe storm damage may prompt a roof replacement. But you won’t know for sure until you have the extent of damage inspected by a trusted professional. You can turn to STARR Roofing & Gutters for this. Let our trained and experienced roof technicians perform a comprehensive assessment of your roof’s condition. To prevent any further damage to your roof and home, we’ll also provide emergency repairs as a temporary fix.
C – Call Your Insurance Provider
Once you’ve done the necessary first steps, it’s finally time to call your insurance company. They may provide the applicable coverage for a more in-depth roof repair or restoration depending on what’s included in your policy. The insurance claims process, however, can be tricky to navigate. You should turn to STARR Roofing & Gutters for this reason. With us on your side, we’ll make sure you get the fair settlement you deserve.
Schedule a Roof Evaluation
Look no further than STARR Roofing & Gutters for high-quality storm damage roof repair and restoration services. With our safe and effective solutions, we’ll help you get the most out of your roof’s service life and performance. Request a roofing estimate today by calling us at (512) 736-6539 or filling out this contact form. We proudly serve Round Mountain, TX, and other areas in Highland Lakes and Texas Hill Country.